Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jobs, Stairs, and Fun!

We have had a busy last couple of days! Starting last week, I had 2 interviews on Thursday. One I had scheduled with Build-a-Bear Workshop at the mall for Thursday evening. The other one was a phone interview. Nighttime Peds. called to do a phone interview. Both interviews went great. Nighttime Peds. set up another in person interview for Saturday afternoon. I then got a call Friday night already asking if I would like to accept a job at build-a-bear. I told them I would let them know over the weekend. Really I was waiting to see how the one for Nighttime Peds. went. Saturday came around and the interview went great and I was set up to do a job shadow for Monday for the shift that I would be working, which is 430pm to 1230am (but they end up staying there till about 2am when they are really busy). I did that shadow Monday night and it went awesome! Very fast paced and never a dull moment. Nighttime Peds. is an Urgent Care Clinic. The doctors see peds and adult patients too. I am looking at doing the front desk, receptionist stuff. I got a last call back yesterday and set up my final interview for today at 430pm. I am assuming today I will find out if I have the job, which I am pretty confident about.

Then last Friday, one of my best friends in Gulfport, who is from Hershey, PA, called and asked if we wanted to meet her up in Hershey at Chocolate world! It just so happened that Keegan had the day off of school so of course I took her up on the offer! So we drove the hour and half or so up there, had a great time at Chocolate World in Hershey, then Keegan, Sophia and I went to walk around the outlets up there and drove home! Which was HORRIBLE!! With my GPS gone, I had to map quest directions and just figured I would follow them backwards on the way home, BAD IDEA!! We left Hershey at 430 and didn't get home until 7:45 because I got lost! Sophia and Keegan were both crying the car, I was crying! It was the worst!

And the last thing adventure we have had was Sophia falling down the stairs yesterday! I don't know how she got around the gate, but she did and down she went. I just heard thump, thump, thump, a crash and then her start crying!! I as freaking out!!! She has a bump on the back of her head and a little scratch that was bleeding but other than that she is good!

That has been our excitment the last week or so.

My mom and grandma are coming to visit Monday for a week so that will be a lot of fun! Plus Halloween is next week and Keegan has a field trip to the pumpkin patch. I am kind of bummed because I can't go along, but I know he will have a GREAT time.

2 Encouraging Words:

Holly said...

I hope you get the job!!! Oh no! Poor Sophia! I'm glad she's ok! Kyndra fell down the stairs once and I'm so glad she was ok too.

Caroline said...

Wow lots going on & hope the job comes through. Glad Sophia didn't get hurt bad. My older 3 have all fell when they were young sooo I'm also most looking for the day Carly pulls a fast one on me, LOL. She already is trying to push what she can get into. Hoping you have a good visit w/ family. :)
Caroline